- Windows Port: Fix compiling on Windows. (Regression from commit 11cf901.)
- Major code cleanup across the board, mostly involving interactions with EMUFILE.
- Function/method parameters for EMUFILE objects are now passed by
reference instead of passed by pointers, where appropriate. This is
true for the vast majority of EMUFILE usage.
- Eliminate duplicate little-endian read/write functions in
readwrite.cpp. Use the equivalent methods in EMUFILE instead.
- Completely standardize the design patterns and usage of the various
little-endian read/write methods. Should help stabilize interactions
with save state files, as well as try to make save states
cross-compatible between big-endian and little-endian systems.
- Replace EMUFILE fread()/fwrite()/fputc() calls with equivalent
size-specific methods where applicable.
- Misc. code readability and stability improvements.