- Cocoa Port: Expose the new feature to change the GPU color depth in the UI. (Related to commit 3b37058.)
- GPU: Custom VRAM now works with 24-bit color depth. It can be captured natively in 24-bit and used as a source buffer in 24-bit. (Related to r5433. This rework is now COMPLETE!)
- NEW FEATURE: Clients may now call GPUSubsystem::SetColorFormat() to
choose the color format of the GPU output, which can be RGB555
(15-bit), RGB666 (18-bit), or RGB888 (24-bit).
- On a special note, the Deposterize filter for 3D textures can now
show its true smoothing effect when clients run the GPU in 24-bit color
- Cocoa Port: The Vertical Sync setting has been removed -- it is now automatically set.
- New behavior for layer-backed views (OpenGL on Mountain Lion and
later, or Metal): Vertical Sync is always enabled.
- New behavior for non-layer-backed views (OpenGL on Lion and earlier):
Vertical Sync is only enabled if frameskip is enabled or if the
execution speed is set to 1x or less while the speed limiter is engaged.
- Remove all associated UI for manually setting Vertical Sync.
- Also add a new menu option to the Tools menu for disabling Metal,
instead forcing display views to use OpenGL. (For developer builds